Champion Brands, LLC, originally Lowe Oil Co. founded by Ralph Lowe in 1956, is a globally recognized industry leader in specialty lubricants for over 60 years. Champion also produces and blends more than 300 products including fuel, brake fluid, oil and engine additives and lubricants for the automotive, heavy truck, agricultural and specialty markets.
Champion Brands understands the complexities of doing business in today’s market and is always looking for new and better ways to make your company more efficient and increase your bottom line. Quality products are more than a commitment at Champion; our high standards define the way we do business.
Our headquarters, located in Clinton, Missouri, just 75 miles southeast of Kansas City, is ideal for timely, cost-effective service and distribution. Champion’s 450,000 square foot plant accommodates more than one million gallons of bulk storage with convenient rail siding.
Good people are the heart of Champion Brands. Passion, dedication, knowledge and a can-do attitude drive the growth of our company and assure you that you can always count on us.
- 1956- After working with Nourse Oil Co. for 9 years, Ralph Lowe decided to venture out on his own and founded Lowe Oil Company.
- 1998- Champion Acquisitions acquired Lowe Oil Company and changed its name to Champion Brands, LLC.
- 2003- Champion Brands moved to its new location at 1001 Golden Drive, comprising 450,000 sq. feet.
- 2004- Champion Brands, LLC gained the rights to use the CHAMPION Bow Tie Logo for a new Perfomance Additives line.
- 2006- Champion executed an agreement with Federal Mogul to produce and package Wagner Brake Fluid.
- 2008- Champion Brands opens a new Bottle Blow Molding Division adding the capabilities to produce HDPE and PVC bottles in-house.
- 2009- Champion gains ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
- 2011- Champion Brands introduces Blue Flame® and Classic & Muscle® Motor Oils.
- 2013- Champion Brands begins to export various products to China, Malaysia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Mongolia, Australia, Uganda and Ecuador.
- 2014- Champion Brands awarded U.S Dept of Commerce Export Achievement Award. 2015- Champion Brands introduces Paladin® full export product line.
- 2016- Champion Brands celebrates 60th Anniversary.